Back on Groundhog’s Day, Julep sent an e-mail about a special on select nail polishes they were having. Certain styles and colors were only $5 or so. I decided to get the one you see above: Drew. I thought perhaps Drew as in Drew Barrymore, though I don’t think these were leftovers from February Maven boxes. I also had yet to use any Julep polishes, so I did a mani (I’m using this term loosely) with Catherine, from one of my holiday mystery boxes, below:
A few things:
1. I don’t EVER paint my nails. When I do, I’m messy.
2. I don’t paint them because my nail polish always chips.
3. I am OCD about my fingernails (not toenails). As soon as one finger chips then I have to chip off all of the rest of them.
4. It’s just a pain in the ass. Not relaxing at all.
5. I had some asshole comments (that I never approved) about how short my nails are (from the Nailtini pictures). They just don’t grow! I’m not going to apologize that my fingernails do not conform to your immature standards of beauty.
6. I think from now on I will just use Julep to paint my toenails, which I always paint:
This is the OPI Liquid Sand polish from the January Glossybox curated by The Man Repeller. I really like it and do not mind the slightly rough feeling. It’s not as messy, because my toenails are easy-peasy to do. Unfortunately, my mom never taught me about beauty. I am obsessed with boxes, not make-up and nail polish. I’m just a book nerd. I would rather be reading. Click HERE to become a Julep Maven now. Code PENNY will get you your first box for a penny! This is my referral link.
Julep Groundhog Day Polish Grade: B
Final Answer: If my mystery box doesn’t have extra items, I will probably cancel Julep. Though after using Catherine I can see that their polishes run out hella quick. It’s overpriced at $14 a pop. Even $20 a month for two. What I have now would last me two years on my toesies.